Booking an Appointment
The Appointment System
We offer a flexible appointment system to try to provide for the varying needs of our patients. We provide digital access online to request appointments using our query pages. By providing complete and relevant information relating to your query using the box prompts the most suitable appointment can be provided to you as quickly as appropriate.
We have the options of online consultation via email, telephone, video and, where deemed necessary, face to face consultation. Our phone line remains available for urgent queries or for those that are unable to use the digital platform. Our reception staff may ask you questions in order to book the most appropriate appointment for you. Most of our appointments are for advanced booking, however we can also offer same day reviews.
You can book an appointment:
- Via the Consulting Room on our website
- By phone for urgent queries: 01372 726361
- In person at reception (limited)
You can register for online services online by completing the Register for Online Services form.
This allows you to review your digital records, results and make medication requests. The practice will give you instructions on how to do this and provide you with a Practice ID and Patient ID which are needed for registration. See our Online Services leaflet for more details or ask reception by completing our online form.
To make an appointment with a doctor
- You can book an appointment with your registered doctor up to 6 weeks in advance (subject to the availability of the doctor.) The surgery also offers appointments on Monday evenings which can be booked in advance only.
- You can request an appointment on the day of your call. These appointments are intended for patients who need to be seen that day and cannot wait for an advanced booking and will be triaged by a doctor before being booked. See our Appointments Explained leaflet for more information.
- Please note, doctors aren’t dentists and are not qualified or indemnified to consult with you on related issues
We offer a limited number of emergency appointments in the morning and evening. These are for genuine emergencies that have happened during that day and cannot wait. You will be asked for a contact number and the reason for requesting an emergency appointment. These appointments are for one problem only. We ask that you respect and comply with this.
You can leave a message or a query for your doctor via our website relating to your prescriptions or health or by phoning 01372 726361 and selecting option 4.
We aim to answer all messages within two working days. The doctor may telephone you directly or ask a member of staff to contact you with a reply.
All nursing appointments can be booked up to 3 months in advance.
Nurse appointments can be made for:
- Asthma/COPD checks
- Baby and children’s injections and immunisations
- Blood pressure checks
- Cervical screening (Smear tests)
- Coronary Heart Disease checks
- Contraceptive coil clinics
- Diabetic checks
- ECGs (if requested by GP)
- Ear syringing
- Family planning
- Injections- Zoladex, B12 etc.
- Stitch and suture removal
- Stroke prevention
- Travel advice and injections
- Anticoagulation (warfarin) monitoring
- Cryotherapy (freezing of lesions)
For more details about the nursing services see the ‘Making an appointment with the nurse’ leaflet.
We will not contact you if your test results are normal but you will be contacted by telephone or letter if your results are abnormal or require further action.
Please remember it is your responsibility to check the results of your tests if you do not hear from us.
Cancelling an Appointment
The quickest way to let us know you wish to cancel your appointment is by completing the Cancel an Appointment triage online.
Please contact the surgery as soon as possible if you wish to cancel your appointment so that we can offer it to someone else.
You can alternatively contact us by telephone on 01372 726361.